Monday, May 14, 2007

My first strawberry!

Maci had a BIG weekend. Saturday she visited Aunt Laurele in the hospital at Macon. We didn't stay long, but long enough for Aunt Laurele to tell us to get moved in to their farm house. AND how to wash the curtains when we got there. Oh and which bedrooms she suggested we live in with the seasons.

Then we stopped by Grandma Dunham's. Maci was famished after all the socializing. She joined Grandma having tuna fish and green beans. She is a big fan of Grandma's homeade bread.

Then it was off to Lisa Leather's wedding in Edina, MO. Mom and I stopped for a bite to eat in Kirksville prior to the wedding. Maci of course had to sample our dinner. We made it through the wedding. I asked Susan afterwards if she could hear Maci singing. Thank goodness she could NOT! We sat WAY in the back. After the wedding we stopped for ice cream, Maci enjoyed ALOT of it!

Yesterday we planted our garden. The neighbor, Tina, tilled and tilled and tilled some more. For our first break we headed to town for some needed supplies. Then it was off to Aunt Mary's for additional plants. She gave us a medley of plants. I thought Tina and I listed very carefully, however, we forgot what several of the plants were once we got home. We planted them all. My theory was if they turned out to be a flower instead of a garden item - I will move it then! While we were visiting Aunt Mary, Maci tried her FIRST EVER strawberry. We searched the patch for the reddest berry we could find. At first she was not real keen on it. But she did end up eating it. She has to like strawberries or she is not my child!

She ended the evening eating her spaghetti. I should have taken pictures. She was covered head to toe. I gave her a bath and had to empty the tub twice because the water was DIRTY!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

How many hours were in that weekend?! You surely had more than I did... or what did we do all weekend?!
Busy girl... when are you coming to Columbia?
xoxoxo Heidi

Beth said...

Too many! I'm tired this week. This is our last week of school so there are LOTS of activities going.