Friday, October 10, 2008

Holy Jalapeno!

In the famous words of Skippy JonJones - Holy Jalapeno it has been over a month since we posted! We are slackers.

Maci is getting smarter by the day. She has learned to count to 10. I give all the credit to her asthmatic case. We have to take 2 puffs of 5 breaths of her inhaler. So we count to 10 morning and night!

She is fascinated at all the things to see when driving. There is lots of construction on our way home. She loves to watch the tractors. AND she thinks Uncle Dan operates all cranes - no matter where they are located. Yesterday there were 2 tractors parked along the highway and she said look mommy two tractors. I don't know when she learned to count and associate things with numbers.

She is doing better, but not the best with her asthma/allergies. We visited the allergist and added a nose spray. I think she might be the only kid that at 2 would so easily allow you to squirt spray in her nose. It makes me cringe each time we do it. I didn't even have to bribe her with M&M's. Usually with particularly nasty medicine she gets an M&M to get rid of the taste. I think she will be a hypochondriac when she grows up. She is really into any medical show I watch. I like to watch House and she is always asking me what is wrong with that boy/girl. I know she won't be able to be a nurse because any foul smell makes her gag and puke.

Right now she can't wait for Halloween. We have purchased the stuff to make fancy cupcakes for Jeannie's, a fun new costume, & treats for her friends. She doesn't understand why we have to wait...

2 comments:

aj burke said...

What an interesting little girl you have, Beth. The way you deal with medicines sounds exactly like how I do it with my cats - pill, treat, pill, treat. Of course, these are fish-flavored pellets - they'd probably make Maci gag. ;-)
Can't wait to see you both at Thxgiving!

Paul said...

What was the result of your last St. Louis visit? Since you can't come see us (can we come see you?), you must keep us up to date! Teach Maci to type and I'll bet we are kept in the loop.