Friday, November 9, 2007

"The Nerd"

Maci attended her first play tonight. She likes to watch people, so I thought she would like it. Also, it was the only night we could work it into our plans. I have the tournament going on at my school. Mom's birthday is Sunday. So our only free night to attend was tonight. Ryan (cousin) was one of the stars of the show. Maci and I first saw him acting this summer at the relay for life as Dolly Parton. In his new role, he plays the friend of the nerd. He did a fabulous job.


I watched much of it from the back. Maci puked in the middle (that might even be pushing it maybe the beginning!) of it. (I can't wait to figure out what is making her sick) So she was a stinky kid. She watched the play for a bit, but would get distracted. I think she would have done better in a musical. She like singing and activity, and it might have held her attention. However, all in all it was good. I just hope the other attendees could enjoy the show.

4 comments:

Cali said...

Of course. Everyone likes musicals! What's not to like? Singing, dancing, double weddings, almost no angst...

Paul said...

Next time you want a night on the town, you know what to do with her.....

Beth said...

I thought you might be in attendence! AND you didn't see the quanity of puke (right into her diaper bag). So now she has to be potty traied, because I threw that diaper bag away!

aj burke said...

Cool - I didn't know Ryan was getting into the community theatre...did he wear Anna's Halloween costume to be Dolly Parton? ;-)