Sunday, January 3, 2010

Chef Borardee vs. Real Thing

Christmas break is coming to an end. I don't really want it to end, but who ever does. I have half way put up the decorations, so after we take down the tree this afternoon it is time to get ready to get back to the real world.

Today we have spent the day cooking and playing with our new toys. Maci got makeup and hair stying toys. Grandma Betty also got her a locking journal. She has played with those for almost 2 days straight. We have awesome blue sparkly eyes and pretend curled hair. I got up this morning and made her cinnamon coffee cake. Then Derek decided to call some of the hunters and get an authentic Italian tomato sauce. It has been cooking all day. The house smells great and the sauce taste great too! Then we decided to make ravioli. We (okay I) made artichoke/cheese ravioli from scratch. I like my Kitchenaid because I like to use it to make bread - I hate getting the sticky all over my hands. I should have know as I started the egg well with the semolina flour it was going to get messy, but I still wanted to do it. Well it was a sticky mess and I never done it before so I don't know if the consistency was correct. But then I used the lasagna noodle disc off my Kitchenaid pasta maker, and squished out some pasta. It made them a little thick, but we tested a few and they are great. After Maci tested a few, she told me I was the best mom ever. After thinking about all the things we did this break I then realized she had canned ravioli for the first time and homemade ravioli all in the same week. Now how can I go back to Chef Borardee now?

No comments: