Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Sneaky Getaway

Maci has not been cleared to go to daycare this week, so she has been spending some time with Aunt Amy & Uncle Paul. Even though she is completely spoiled there she acts sad every morning when I leave. WHICH is a nice change from the over the shoulder wave with the get the heck out of here attitude she gives me at Jeanne's. This morning she was acting like she didn't want me to leave, UNTIL George (the cat) came to the backdoor. She jumped out of my arms and headed to the door to let him in the house. During her distraction - I left out the front. I wonder if she missed me after she let George in...doubt it!

She might not be so quick to let George in during lunch. I heard today that George and Gracie took turns eating Maci's lunch. It might make her think twice...

Today I got out of school early - and not because of weather, but because we have so many sick kids. We are out the rest of the week, however, I am working a couple of the days to make up for my time off last week. I love free days off. I never had those in the "real" world.

P.S. I am looking for a job at the hospital to get the discount on Maci's bills. It needs to have minimal hours and a great discount.

1 comment:

Karen said...

wait, my parents are spoiling a kid? MY parents? are they sick or something?