Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm doing it all wrong

So I have been looking everywhere for old Sesame Street shows. Maci loves them. I have been online trying to find additional shows and upon reading about them. Did you know the old school videos I bought her are intended for adult viewing only? I guess there are too many controversial issues in the old Sesame Street shows for children today. Who knew? Not me – Maci has worn the DVD out. Would it be terrible if she grew up on the old shows that we use to watch as kids? Regardless, I really wish there were more of the shows on DVD. So I wonder if they are for adults only will they make more DVDs? Maci has been sick again and we have been doing several extra breathing treatments a day. I am tired of the same old shows.

And since I am clouding her mind with inappropriate shows, I might as well confess she had pancakes, peanut butter, and asparagus for supper. She hasn’t been eating much this week. She stayed with Aunt Amy and only ate 5 green beans. Well and picked some dried cherries and chocolate chips out of a scone. So when I asked her what she wanted for supper she requested pancakes. So I added a little peanut butter protein. Then I warmed up some left over asparagus and she had a couple stalks. I think supper was a success!

I might be in the running for mom of the year...

Of course my mother in a effort to make me think everything that goes wrong with Maci is my fault. She has that lovely characteristic about her. PRINTS me off an article for a "reputable source" that if I would have eaten more beans when I was pregnant Maci wouldn't have asthma. I am done having children if it means I have to eat lentils, lima beans, or those dried beans you turn into different dishes. I might be able to eat northern beans...I will eat baked beans. I am all about green beans. BUT I draw the line at LIMA BEANS!

No comments: