Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas & Rubber Boots

All in all Christmas was a success! Maci open her own gifts and didn't need a nap in between opening as she did last year! It was a good thing she opened the box of markers and paper last. As soon as she opened that present she had to try it out. Good thing those markers are washable (confirmed after washing her blanket that accidentally had a couple of marks on it).

Another one of Maci's favorite gifts is her rubber boots from her Grandma Jane. She can put them on all by herself and has been wearing them ALL day today. She had her pictures taken today and she put them on during her photo shoot. Then she wore them to drop our car off. Then she put them on with her PJs. The boots are a hit!

Her words are becoming clearer and clearer. She will repeat most things you have her repeat. Some of her favorite words are milk, hat, shoes, boots, book, ice, dada, mama, papa, thank you, up, down, out, highchair, eat, and of course cheese! I am still working on I love mommy. So far I get a lot of tongue moving and not alot of sound. If things don't do what she wants she keeps repeating the words until she gets her way. For example, she has a play laptop that you turn on and it will make different sounds. Well the batteries are dead and I haven't replaced them yet. So she keeps saying push push push and pushing the buttons. Then she gets upset and I have to redirect her attention. Or milk, milk, milk until you give in and get her more! I use to think it was so cute when she said milk - now it is just so annoying!

Also, she loves books. She likes to pretend read and she likes for you to read to her. She also likes my ipod. I downloaded a couple of podcast of Seasame Street. She thinks it is really cool to put the ear plugs in and watch the little show. I just hope she doesn't figure out the lock button. I lock it when I don't want her blasting out my ears or changing the menu around. She is clever though she figures things out quickly!

1 comment:

Lauren's mommy said...

How funny! Lauren got purple rubber boots last spring and didn't take them off for the 1st week. She even napped in them a couple times I think.