Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm a Good Citizen

So most days at school I eat lunch with the K-2 group. It is always interesting. It is a difficult shift for the adults to get all the kids situated and ready to eat so the more of us the better. Lately I have been the open the milk lady. Seriously those cartons of milk are ridiculous to open. If I am having a hard time, you know it is going to be hard for a Kindergartener. Today after opening one girl's milk she very politely said "thank you." So I responded with "that was so nice of you to be polite." She says "well I am a good citizen you know!" No I didn't, but thank you for pointing that out.

1 comment:

aj burke said...

So, even 25 years after we were having trouble opening our milks in elementary school, they haven't figured out a way to improve the carton?
Sometimes I am mind-boggled about what we use R&D money for. We have battery-operated self-rotating lollipops, for goodness sake. And, watching TV the other night, I said to mom, "They come out with a new, improved air freshener gimmick every month." So why can't we get this milk carton issue solved?!? Sheesh. ;-P