Thursday, March 11, 2010

Package!

Papa mailed Maci a package in the mail yesterday. She was so excited to open it up and see what was inside it. It had her very OWN pens (I had taken away all her pens after she wrote on the wall of her closet), notebooks, cookies, and a bag of gummy worms. She loved all her treasures. Dad is out of town so we having girls' night in with a movie. I was hanging out with Hannah and Maci was in her chair eating gummy worms. Then the movie ended and it was bath time. Maci told me that her tummy hurt. I asked why and she kept saying you know mom it hurts. What kind of hurt I kept asking and she kept responding with you know. I didn't know. I know now. The you know tummy ache is quickly followed by projectile vomiting. My good OCD girl did manage to keep it off the carpet and she was screaming for my assistance. She has grown up so much from the last time we had the pukes. I assumed she ate too many gummy worms and it made her puke. However, we were up and down all night and had a couple sheet/clothes changes before we finally went to sleep around 3 a.m. After the second set of projectile puking I decided she must have a flu bug. Then first thing this morning Jeanne called and said she had been sick all night too. So we are hanging at the homestead today with a slight fever and upset tummy. Guess it wasn't the gummy worms after all.

No comments: