Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Hoisin Beef & Green Beans



Maci is all about the green foods. Tonight she ate up her dinner. We had Hoisin Beef and Green Beans with brown rice. She ate it all up and asked for more. If you have never tried it, you should. I think it might be my favorite Cooking Light receipe ever. The orginal receipe called for ground pork, but I use pork, turkey, or beef whatever I have. We have included the receipe for you to try.
Mix:
1/2 lb. ground pork
1 T. cornstarch
1/8 t. salt
1/8 t. white pepper

Heat skillet (the receipe says to add oil and heat - I don't use the oil), add ground pork, 3 cups green beans, and 1 T. garlic. Cook until done.

Mix:
2 T. Hoisin Sauce
2 T. Soy Sauce
1 t. Red Pepper Flakes
1 T. Sugar

Add this mixture to the ground pork and green beans. Cook for a few more minutes. I usually let simmer until the rice finishes cooking.

2 comments:

aj burke said...

What a little gourmand! ;-)

When the blog loaded, I saw the food picture and thought, 'What is this, Max's blog?' ;-)

Cali said...

Yum! What's not to like?