Friday, May 23, 2008

The Internet makes me smart!

The ability to use the Internet makes me appear to be smart! I find that the teachers here do not know the power of Google. I don't have a phone book. I don't listen to the weather. I don't watch the news. I have the Internet. People come to me for the weather forecast, phone numbers and general information. If there is an argument going on about What was Lucy's last name of the peanuts? Google it is. Van Pelt if you are now wondering. On the flip side people come and ask me phone number, the weather, and general information. I always ask - did you try to Google it?

4 comments:

Jermany said...

Me too! One of the teachers I used to work with thought I was an expert researcher. I could give him the answers he was looking for in mere minutes.

Paul said...

You need to look at GoodSearch instead of Google. It seems to be as powerful and for each search you get to designate a charity they contribute $ to (it may be only a penny per search, but it adds up). I've picked Madeline and Stella's School.

aj burke said...

I use GoodSearch too - it's powered by the Yahoo search engine, so that's why it gets pretty good results. I try there first to get my charity the money, and if I don't get the result I want, I go to Google second.

By the way, I watched a (dumb, too long, not going to recommend it) movie the other day and the lead girl, Preity Zinta, reminded me of you. Do an image search for her.

Cali said...

When I first starting working at my school we had an off site meeting. When I asked where it was they told me "Google it!" which of course I would have done if someone had given me an address.